Quilling butterfly with a quilling comb


Back in 2011, when I first got my quilling comb I did made some quilling butterflies with it. Although it was nothing much, just some simple ones, I did remember how much fun I had making them.

When I looked back at the quilling butterflies I made with the quilling comb, I couldn't even remember at first how to make it again because it was so long ago since I last made one. I thought to myself here is something that I have to record so that I won't forget how it's done. So once I figured it out, I immediately made a video tutorial of it. I don't mind sharing it with everyone. I'm sure a lot of people would like to try to make one too.


In the video tutorial, I showed how to make a quilling butterfly using a standard quilling comb. But you can also use other types of combs as long as they come with long pins. I also mentioned about the measurements but you can always change the measurements and make the butterfly according to the size that you like. Like for instance what I've shown in the photo above. I used a stainless steel comb and marked the numbers beside the pins. And instead of doing 6 loops for the top wings, I made 5 loops instead. Just by doing so, it immediately changed the whole look of the wings. So, it's all up to you! :)

You can even make the butterflies very very small, just by cutting the paper strips yourself using a craft knife like I've done at the photo above. I used the other side of the stainless steel comb where the gap of the pins are narrower. As a result when you comb the paper, you will get the butterflies in smaller sizes. I just love them this way. So small and cute! :)

Here is the video tutorial for your view. I hope you will spend some time viewing it and learn something new.




4 comments:

iniceritacha said...

Salam sis. Nak tanye kat mana nak dapatkan quilling tools supply?

Azlina Abdul said...

Waalaikumsalam.....you boleh contact saya di inaabdul_21@yahoo.com sekiranya ingin beli quilling tools. Or whatsapp saya di 0176508141

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

wow...so cute....never try this before...actually i never try comb quilling before...

MetalFimo2 said...

molto belle queste farfalle, brava ciao, passa da me www.metalfimo2 ciao.

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...